Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh Yeah.....


Unbelievable, the two weeks out of the year that I look forward to the most is here. Yes, I know most born and breed Washingtonians are just wanting things to get back to normal...but I am not.

AccuWeather.com states it is currently 76 degrees outside, but feels more like 79degrees. (However, I think it feels more like the high 90's.) The skies are blue, the sun is shining bright and my core body temperature is rising. This is the month that I look forward to the most because the sun ray's I take in now, have to last me the rest of the year. The humidity is at 57% which actually is not to bad; especially if you have ever lived where the humidity is 100%.

Steve and I just came back from a short stroll down to Whidbey Coffee to get a mocha shake. Unfortunately, because the stores around here do not have air conditioning some of them have closed up for the day. This heat is unusual and can cause many to feel sick and overwhelmed. So drink your H20 and plenty of it!

Well lots of Vitamin D speaking here and I am just a little pumped up, over the warmth and sunshine. Not only are the days delightful, but the evenings have been wonderful too.

I can't remember the last time I was actually warm enough to open up the windows during the night and not freeze. Last night I actually went to sleep with just a sheet over me, and quite frankly this was alarming. So much so that I actually tossed and turned through out the night. I guess I could say, I missed my blanky. Oh well that is okay..it is a small price to pay when one is enjoy this awesome weather.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

LOL - We haven't gotten the heat too bad yet this summer, but it is coming! Probably by the time Volleyball practice starts though. Last summer the heat/humidity was unbareable!! Literally 100 degrees with 90% humidity. We were almost dropping like flies with our outdoor practices.
This week our weather has been really muggy and warm (not hot yet). We've had several severe storms, too. Crazy - they do say that PA weather is always changing on a dime and it's true.
Stinking Global Warming or Climate Change or whatever they're calling it now :)

Jersey Mama said...

I like a blanky, too. It has to be pretty warm for me to give mine up and only use a sheet!

Cove Girl said...

If I had air circulation in my apt. I wouldn be more OK wiht it, but over all I'm with you. YAY Vitamin D

countrygirl85 said...

Hey Sherri don't forget to save some for me. Hoping the sun lasts long enough catch a glimpse before the skies go back to grey. YAY Vitamin D !!!