Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I am ALIVE!

I am totally amazed at how much time has gone by since I last blogged. I guess I just got to a point where I felt like I didn't have much to say and it was the same old boring stuff.

So what has been happening in my part of the world since September 7th? Probably the biggest surprise is that I went back to work part time on September 11th. I wasn't really looking for a job, but with the economy the way it is, and sales down, I needed to do something.

Shortly thereafter, my mom and sister came to visit for a few days in October. The weather was too cold for them, but they were troopers and survived!While they were here, my dad ended up in the hospital for an overnight stay and praise God is doing well.

In mid-October and mid-November I took a Bible Institute class called "Women in Ministry". Since then I have been answering many study questions and other assignments which are due the early part of January, along with a final exam (I'm scared).

Steve and I decided to close our store on December 31st and end our run with Candy Bouquet. We have had a fun and sweet time running this business, but again with the economy the way it is, the lack of stability in our government and market, we felt it was best to close the doors.

Since then, I feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders and I am now able to concentrate on other areas of my life...like the upcoming holidays and more importantly, what the Lord wants for me.

In November, Steve and I had several people over for Thanksgiving. Everybody was gracious enough to bring a side dish or dessert and by the end of dinner we were all just as stuffed as could be. After dinner, we played some games and really just enjoyed the fellowship and the downtime.

We are off to a good start for the Christmas holiday. We already have our trees up and Christmas cards sent out (which is very unusual for us, especially over these last four years).

Only six days to my birthday, 9 days to Christmas and 15 days when the doors of my business close. I am looking forward to the end of the year and to what the New Year will bring forth.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!

3 comments:

Jersey Mama said...

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you blog in a while! I'm sorry you had to make the choice to close your shop, but I'm sure the Lord was in your decision-making. He must have something big planned for you!

Cove Girl said...

It's good to have you back! I'd love to have somone to study with for the test as well. Think abt it and maybe we can work a time out to get together for that. Now that I'm done with my devotion I can concentrate on the questions.

Kali said...

I was wondering if you'd come back. :)