Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012 Overview

January has been quite a busy and full month.

Besides the fact, that January is the busiest month of the year for me at work, I got to add to the mix: two memorial services, a funeral service, two snow days, a youth activity and a baby shower as well. And boy, am I glad this month is coming to a close. It has been exhausting.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not wallowing in self pity, but instead I am praising God for his hand of goodness, his love for his people and how he continually puts all things together in his timing.

Blessing 1:
I am tired, but I would rather be tired working for God than to be tired from doing nothing. It is such an honour and joy to be able to be a vessel used unto the Lord and honestly, I can't see it any other way.

Blessing 2:
I know many have prayed for me over the month as I muddled through hours of paperwork. Even though there was so much more going on, God was able to get me through it all, and I know it is because he heard the prayers of these dear ladies.

Blessing 3:
Every Saturday this month was filled with either a memorial service, funeral service or baby shower and if there is one phrase that could sum up all the help I received from my sister's in Christ, it is: "a servant's heart".

Blessing 4:
As our church went through this deep valley, the bond of peace and comfort was given to us as we pulled together to serve the families who had lost their loved ones. Everyone of these ladies just blessed my soul over and over again, as they gave of their time and talents so endlessly.

Blessing 5:
In the midst of it all, came a winter storm that drenched the area with 6-8 inches of snow; which originally had been forecast to be the worse storm since the mid 80's (thankfully, history didn't repeat itself).



Two days we spent indoors as a combination of snow, hail, sleet, wind and cold temperatures fell upon us. On day two, Steve made a fire in the wood stove to keep me warm, but one little fellow beat me to the heat. The little stinker!




Did I mention that Levi not only defines cuteness, but he is smart too?!

Blessing 6:
On Sunday, Steve and I were excited to host the Teen youth group after church. These young people are so full of life and are so fun to be around. We sang, gave testimonies, played games, and had some refreshments. Let me just say that an hour and a half goes by - way to fast!



Blessing 7:
Finally, the last Saturday of the month rolled around and it was an exciting day as Tess and I had the privilege of hosting a baby shower for one of the ladies at our church, who of course, is having her first baby. The shower was well attended and the mother-to-be received many nice things for her baby girl. Only a few more weeks to go and she'll have that precious baby in her arms. Praise the Lord!

Now it's time to put January behind and to look ahead to what February will bring. Amen!

2 comments:

Teri said...

January was surely a busy month for you. I am glad you were able to overcome with the help from God.

Cove Girl said...

I now think that the Lord blessed us with the snow so we could take a "breather". Even if it was inconvenient.