Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweetheart Banquet 2012


On Thursday, February 16 twenty couples of Bible Baptist Church attended the annual Sweetheart Banquet. This year the couples met at the CPO Club (Chief Petty Officers Club) for an evening of fellowship, while giving are hard working and always lovable SPG's a year off. We were challenge by Bro. Geist in the Word, regarding 'charity', games were played, timed, timed, did I mentioned timed, and scored by Bro. Kiesel. I can't take the pressure of timed activities, but surprisingly, Steve and I did very well. I guess that's what makes us 'one'. The dinner was exceptional and wouldn't have been complete without the large, juicy, chocolate covered strawberries that were prepared for dessert. They were so YUMMY!

I think what I like best about events like this is that you usually end up sitting by couples you don't normally hang around. This year Steve and I had the pleasure to spend the evening with the Hopper's, Hunt's and Sheppard's. These couples know how to have fun and we truly enjoyed getting to know them even better.

There is nothing better than spending an evening around God's people!

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I'm so happy that you had a great time! Love the pic of you guys