Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 2012 Overview

The month of February was completely opposite of January. This month was not as hectic and lacked all the busyness of January (thankfully). Although the month was not as busy there are some highlights and blessings that need to be recalled

Blessing #1
Steve and I were able to attend the annual Sweetheart Banquet. We had such a wonderful time and count it a blessing to be a part of such a great church family. I am so thankful that God has placed these couples in our church. Each and every one of them have such a great love for the Lord.

Blessing #2
Pastor Sargent gave me a book titled, "The One Thing You Can't Do When You Get To Heaven" by Mark Cahill. This book really fires up the Christian who either needs to get busy soul-winning and/or encourages the soul-winner to keep keeping on. I'm not a big reader, so usually any book that has large print and pictures is a book for me. This particular book had neither, but the way the author writes made the book and easy read and I am all for that!

Blessing #3
A wise man recently said to me, "Problems are made to be solved". I am so thankful for knowing someone who is willing to walk through a problem with me, all the while exhibiting compassion, graciousness and patience. THANK YOU.

Blessing #4
God gave me another book to read, "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy DeMoss. This book is really showing me how important gratitude is and how it must be a part of me, DAILY!

Blessing #5
Steve and I celebrated our 29th Wedding Anniversary. This man is such a blessing to me and I thank the Lord for bringing him into my life, even when I really had no idea what I was getting into when I married him so many years ago. I LOVE YOU STEVER!

Blessing #6
I made it through a 90 day fitness routine called, Power90 by Tony Horton. Just recently Tony Horton said, "What does health and fitness mean? Health is eating right and Fitness is exercise". It takes more than motivation to make a lifestyle change it takes COMMITMENT. I thank the LORD for giving me a desire to live a healthier lifestyle and by leading me to Shakeology (http://myshakeology.com/sherrivaughn) and fitness routines that help reshape my body (http://beachbodycoach.com/sherrivaughn).

Blessing #7
I am thankful for friends who love me despite me. I am thankful for those who offer to listen in times of need, and I am thankful for those who forgive me when I don't show up for dinner [so, so sorry Raquel :( ].

Blessing #8
I thank the Lord for the opportunity he gives me to worship him. This past Sunday evening, Steve and I were able to sing a special, and even though our voices were raw, we thank God for giving the folks in the congregation, "spiritual ears" to hear with.

Well I guess that will do it for now. March is coming, March is coming, woot woot!

2 comments:

Cove Girl said...

I always enjoy seeing married couples sing specials together. Your special was very nice on Sunday.

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Thanks Carolyn.