Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bible Prophecy: True and Amazing in Every Way

Pastor Sargent has been preaching a series in the book of Revelation on Wednesday nights. The messages have been fantastic and mesmerizing. If you have ever wondered about Prophecy and would like to hear the messages, then go to http://www.bbcoakharbor.org and then click on "Sermons", then "Launch Sermon Player". God has truly given Pastor Sargent the ability to understand the Bible, and then be able to regurgitate doctrine in a way all can comprehend it.

Back in 1998, Steve and I were going through the Bible Training Institute at Bible Baptist Church. We had to take a course on Bible Prophecy and Pastor Sargent was the instructor. The topic was extremely fascinating to me back then, but even more so now. One of the assignments for class was to design a Bible Prophecy Chart(mind you this chart was done by hand so it's pretty rough compared to what computer assisted charts look like today)that chronologically laid out the coming prophetic events. It was quite the task, but very rewarding in the end. Below is a picture of the chart I drew back then:


It is kind of exciting to be able to pull out my old chart and follow along. A great memory!

2 comments:

Cove Girl said...

That's a good idea. Even though I took it during a computer age, so to speak, I still did mine manually. It's not as flashy, but it also would have taken me forever to work through a power point program, which was not time that I had then...or even now

Primetime Babyboomers said...

I know what you mean! I saw some pretty amazing computerized charts a few months ago and they looked terrific, but honestly, I don't know if I would have had the patience to do the chart on the computer.