Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meeting Some Very Special Ladies

A couple of days ago, Pastor asked me if I would take the Thursday afternoon Bible Study. I was kind of in shock when he asked me, because there are usually many men who are readily available to take this particular study time. In this instance, none of the men were available; which led to my opportunity to go and do a devotion with these ladies.

The ladies I met today where just absolutely a delight to be with. I met Nancy (67), Iris (87), Oreo (85), Lena (95) and one other very sweet lady (93). If you ever want your soul blessed, just spend an hour with ladies who have lived and done many things in their life time and for the Lord. It just blesses the soul!

I cannot help but give all the thanks and praise to the Lord for giving me this opportunity. I really feel like he answered my prayer Sunday night by letting this vessel be used for his honour and glory. Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I'm glad you got to do that! I enjoy our nursing home ministries.