Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Time is in the Air

Over the last couple of years, my get up and go - got up an went when it came to Christmas. It seemed to be such a hassle and drag to pull out all of our Christmas decorations; especially, since it would just be the two of us.

But this year, seems different.

I didn't have to go to work the day after Thanksgiving, and since I had no desire to be anywhere near a shopping mall or store, I began to think about the month of December and a discussion I had with a dear friend. It wasn't much longer after that, that I asked Steve to haul in the Christmas decorations.

It took most of the day, but we managed to set up six Christmas trees, decorations to boot and some outdoor lights. Even at this moment, as I pen this post, I still wonder where all my desire, motivation and energy came from.

Out of the six trees we have, one still needs to be decorated with its lights and ornaments. It is the biggest tree of all, and since I will need Steve's assistance putting on the lights, it will have to wait until Saturday.

Here are a few photos of what has been completed. The photos may be a little dark, but that is because I didn't want to turn on any additional lights.

This tree is in the entry way. If you look past the tree and out the side windows you will see our outdoor blue lights. I love the blue hue that comes from these bulbs.

These evergreen tree surround the fireplace.

This little evergreen tree is nestled in one of the corners in the livingroom.

This is my most favorite spot so far. The dining room houses two evergreen trees lit with white lights. I think it is my favorite area because it feels so warm.

I will post a few more pictures afte we get the big tree decorated downstairs.

AND....I will also post a couple of pics I took at my workplace. I had such a bug to decorate I didn't stop with just my house. :)



3 comments:

Cove Girl said...

Very nice. I put up a garland tonight and I hope to get to the holly farm this weekend to get my table top tree:) Last year I was here and didn't decorate until the last minute. This year I go to CA and I plan on decorating early. Go figure.

Jersey Mama said...

Six trees! You win. haha

I also have had zero desire to decorate over the last few years but this year I'm actually excited about it!

Selena said...

Wow, looks very nice, warm and inviting! I love christmas decorations. I love the snow falling on your blog. I almost didn't see it because your background is white. Perrty neat!