Sunday, November 30, 2008

Have You Been Watching .....

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with my dad and he told me of a bright light he had seen in the sky.

Since I am a fan of astronomy (not astrology), I decided to do some research to see if I could find out what was going on, and boy am I glad I did. Had my dad not mentioned this bright light, I would be missing two planets (Jupiter and Venus) in our solar system converging. Tomorrow night, December 1st, right after sunset the two planets will be very close together.

You can't help thinking about God and his wondrous works when things like this occur. Psalm 8:3 says, "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou has ordained;".

I also believe God allows these events in our night sky to take place so we can know and remember that there is a God. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

If you want to see a great picture of the two planets, then check out this photo at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/meisenhut/3064198709/

and if you want to read up more on what is happening in our sky, then check out this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20081128/sc_space/spectacularskyscenemondayevening

Happy star-gazing!

1 comment: