Monday, December 1, 2008

Steve's Teaching at ITT

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Steve and I are just praising the Lord for the opportunity he has given him to work as an adjunct instructor at ITT Technical Institute in Everett, WA.

Steve was hired on for two classes this past September. For the winter quarter he has been assigned five classes. Steve will be teaching three math classes, one electronics class and a management class. PTL!

If you would of asked me twenty-five years ago if Steve would ever be a college math teacher, I would of said, no way! God has orchestrated his life so well. When Steve left to join the Marines he did it because he wanted to prove that whatever his brother could do, he could do better.

But the Lord used the Marine Corps, in part, to help mold Steve into the person he is today. All that he has gone through and the experiences he has gained over the last couple of decades has all played a role into who he is today.

I can't help but to be overwhelmed with joy and love for this man. I appreciate all the work he does, the time he spends educating himself, the love he has for his family and the desire he has to want to help others in any way he can. The man has a big heart! And I love him!

2 comments:

Cove Girl said...

Awe, that's sweet!

It's a joy to know you both. It's amazing how the Lord has worked his career path out for Steve, and still providing him the time and joy to continue his service to the church. God is good:)

I'll see you when I get back.

Jersey Mama said...

I'll bet he is a super-fun teacher. :D