Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Presto Pressure Cooker

For my birthday my mom and dad bought me this awesome Presto Pressure Cooker. When I was a little girl my mom had one and every time she used it, I would find myself worried that the top was going to blow and we'd get hurt.

Back in September, when I was home for my mom's birthday, she pulled out her pressure cooker and cooked up this marvelous meat, carrots and potatoes meal. YUMMY! It has been over 25 years since I last seen her use a pressure cooker. Amusing enough, the cooker didn't intimidate me like it did when I was a young girl. But what did get my attention was the fact the it didn't take mom long to whip up a very tasteful and tender meal in what seemed like minutes.

I just got my pressure cooker out of the box last night and was told to read all (and all means all) the instructions before use. I can't wait to see what kind of meals I will be able to dish out in short order. Pressure cookers cuts your cook time down by 2/3. So, if a meal normally takes 45 minutes to cook, it will now only take 15 minutes to cook.

I don't know how fast time is traveling for you, but at the fast pace my life seems to be running any time I can reduce meal preparation and cooking time is a blessing.

Thanks mom and dad for this GREAT BIRTHDAY GIFT! As soon as I cook something up I'll be back to let you know how it went.

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I'm glad that you got your pressure cooker! You'll love it!!!