Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Heritage - Part II

What a ride I have been on! For a month now, I have been diligently researching my family heritage. I still have not found any avenue that would link my family to "Derbe"; however, I have found some very interesting nuggets along the way.

The very first BIG nugget came when my family and I began to dig around for some information. My dad had called and talked to his brother Terry about our genealogy and that is when Terry told my dad about a book written by Viola Bromley Derby, called the Derby Genealogy. SCORE!! If this woman was alive today I would give her the biggest hug ever! The book is out of print, but I happen to have found it on CD, another huge nugget!

She took our heritage all the way back to first generation Americans, which started in the early 1700's in Massachusetts- unbelievable! She charted out first generation to the eighth generation and now, I am filling in the last five generations.

This has been a very exciting project and I hope to do and find out more about my family in the coming months.

If you have ever thought about following your ancestry you have to check out ancestry.com. It is a very useful and helpful site.

I'll keep you posted along the way!

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

That's exciting! Especially going back to the 1700's Wow!!!

Next time you log onto my blog you'll get to hear some music. I just added a playlist:)