Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blown Away

Woke up this morning at 1:30am to a wind storm that was pounding a howling wind. After trying to fall back to sleep for many hours I gave up and got up. The wind has not died down at all and we are under a wind advisory until 6pm tonight.

Thankfully, we have not had to endure any power outages as wind gusts are expected to be as high as 35mph.

This picture of the Straits was taken this morning on my way to work. Check out the white caps and the leaning grass. The wind is so powerful that it absolutely takes your breath away. Lots of wind and cold temperatures, but at least the skies are blue and the sun is shining.

4 comments:

Kali said...

I woke up around that same time to the wind roaring, and then again around 3.

We lost power this morning, but not for very long...I'm surprised you didn't since we live fairly close to each other.

Primetime Babyboomers said...

When I left for work this morning I wasn't able to drive down Ft Nugent due to a leaning power pole. I wonder if you lost power when PSE stood the pole back up.

Cove Girl said...

I like the windy nights, it reminds me of where I grew up, but even last night was a bit much for me. I woke up around 4. My hair dresser said she took West Beach Rd. into Coupeville this morning and she had to have both hands on the wheel because her car was getting blown around. Crazy!

Teri said...

Great picture Sher. Here too we have experienced high winds. Had storms over the past several days. Today, sunny and breezy. Looking forward to the warm days ahead!