Monday, April 5, 2010

Soroptimist of Oak Harbor


Back in February I was invited to a Soroptimist event at the Oak Harbor Yacht Club. Soroptimist International is an international volunteer organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women and girls locally and globally. Soroptimist are women at their best working to assist other women to be their best.

When I had my store open, I met a lot of women in the community. I had no idea that many of them were SIOH members. I joined SIOH this past Friday and I am looking forward to working with these women in the near future. When I (plus twelve other women) were inducted into the organization we were given a yellow rose. A yellow rose indicate joy, gladness, friendship and "I Care". Very appropriate for this volunteer organization of women.

2 comments:

Cove Girl said...

Congratulations!

Cove Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.