Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day - May 13, 2012

I am so glad I got the opportunity to speak to my mom on Mother's Day. It is so easy, at times, for me to take for granted the time I have with my mom. My mom will be 79 years old this year and I want her to know that I love her more now, than ever before.


Dear Mom,

Mom-ma, As I continue to grow older, there is not a day that goes by, that I don't realize all that you have sacrificed and given to me. Your love never failed, even if I was not loveable at times, even if I made dumb decisions, even if I failed to show you how much I cared for you.

Mom-ma, I love you and I thank you for all that you have shown me throughout the years, for your love and patience, and for your persistence in training me up in the way I should go.

Mom-ma, thank you for all the cool costumes you made for us [Teri and I] on Halloween, thank you for making Christmas magical, and thank you for all the birthday presents and parties, too.

Mom-ma, thank you for taking care of me when I was a child (hyperventilating, nose bleeds, bike spills, rock in knee screams, dressing tantrums, doctors visits, hospital surgeries, school frustrations, missing the bus, and many more issues [not enough space to write them all down].

Mom-ma, thank you for providing a home over my head, for clothing me and for feeding me, even when times were tough, you always found a way.

Mom-ma, thank you for listening to me even when I didn't/don't make a whole lot of sense, thanks for being a sounding board.

Mom-ma, thank you for loving me when I wasn't loveable.

Mom-ma, most of all thank you for being what a mom is suppose to be. A mom sacrifices all for her children and I believe you have done this, at times, to your detriment. I am so glad God gave me you as my mom. Your the best mom, my only regret is that I haven't loved you enough...you deserve so much more!

I love you mom!

Your daughter,
Sherri

No comments: