Sunday, February 1, 2009

Celebrating 26 years of Marriage

On February 26th Steve and I will be celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary. We have had many ups and downs, but the Lord has been good and has seen fit to keep us together.

Many years ago, when we first got married, the Lord was not in the center of our relationship. As we grew in the Lord our marriage became stronger and stronger. The more we focused and set our eyes on God, the closer we drew to the Lord and to one another.

Marriage is not easy and if anybody tells you it is...they are not telling the truth. Some folks may even say that marriage is a 50/50 relationship, but again.....they are not telling the truth. Marriage takes work, and a lot of it! Marriage is a 100+/100+ relationship that requires each party to give and take, with more giving, than taking required.

The key to a happy marriage is to have a marriage that is Christ-centered. First, set your eyes on the Lord, secondly, strive to take your eyes off yourself and finally, work towards making the other person happy. If you can do these three things you will have a solid, strong and happy marriage.

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

5 comments:

Cove Girl said...

So true, but then again what does the single girl know being married. Was this post motivated by Amber and Dave's engagement? You seriously need to take a close up look at the ring. The center stone itself is a carat.

You should scan and put in some of your wedding photos you 2 are super cute. I know you'll love what we did with them for the Sweethearts Banquet:) TTYL!

Cove Girl said...

BTW, I like the new layout:)

Primetime Babyboomers said...

I like the new layout too. I may keep this one for awhile. Don't you think it fits my personality?

As far as the motivation behind my post...no, it didn't have anything to do with Dave and Amber; and no, I have not seen her ring yet. When I started this post I wanted to download a wedding picture, but then I thought twice about it, because I didn't want to give anything away that the SPG's were working on. So, I may post a wedding picture or two in a couple of weeks. For now, you get to stare at two cute, adorable, loving and wonderful children. :)

Jersey Mama said...

Good post! And very cute pics. :)

Dave and Amber are finally engaged? woo-hoo! LOL

Jackie said...

Wow...congrats on many years together. You're a neat couple and I've always enjoyed hanging out with you both.