Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Victorious Women

My secret prayer sister (SPS) a couple months ago gave me this book, "Victorious Women", by Virginia Ruth Eugate, as a gift. The gift was very appropriate at the time because I had been desiring to read more books; especially books that would benefit me in my Christian walk. "Victorious Women" is written by a lady who kindly counsels women on how to be a "Biblical Wife".

Now, I know some might be thinking, "Sherri, you've been married for quite a long time. How can this book help you?" When I opened the cover to this book I had no idea how much the author was going to be able to hone in on issues that I have personally been struggling with for over two decades. Areas like: Trusting in God, A Woman's Words: Uplifting or Undermining, Victory Over Financial Worries, A Time to Keep Silent, A Time to Speak, and quite frankly, a few other areas. Isn't God's timing perfect?

God was there in the midst of those pages, helping me recognize some areas in my life that needed some tweaking. As I continued to read through the book, I was able to begin making conscious changes right then and there. The most amazing part is that I was able to see a difference immediately in how I responded to my husband. PTL!

"Victorious Women" is a book I would encourage all women to read, especially if they have a sincere desire to be the wife God would have them to be.

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

Sounds interesting. Until we get called home, we'll always be a work in progress.