Monday, February 16, 2009

Sweetheart Banquet 2009

Steve and I had a most wonderful time at the 2009 Sweetheart Banquet that was put on by our Singles Pleasing God (SPG's) ministry. Many Kudos to all!

There was valet parking, a photography studio and a dining room that was lit by soft lights and candles. The photographer on duty for that night was Carolyn and she took the picture of Steve and I below. (Note:I got to sit on Steve's lap this year because two years ago he sat on mine. Fair play is a must.)

After we had our pictures taken we were then lead to the dining facility where we were shown to our table. Our on site photographer took this community shot as well.

The evening was perfect. Imagine sitting in a room, with low lighting, soft godly piano music playing in the background, (by our most talented pianist), a Power Point presentation displaying wedding pictures of the couples, and a cake that was beautifully made; all the while being attentively waited on through out the evening.

After the meal we were engaged in the SPG's Bible Jeopardy game; which became quite entertaining. Then, to finish off the evening, all the couples in the room stood and renewed their vows to one another; which fit perfectly with the evenings theme, "Continuing the Commitment".

The SPG's were very gracious and considerate in everything: their time, their energy and their labour. They really made our Valentine's Day special! I posted a slide show of the event. (I want to thank Carolyn for sharing some of her pictures with me so I could complete my photo album. Thanks Carolyn!)

2 comments:

Jersey Mama said...

What a lovely evening! I like your picture, too. I think you should post the one from a couple of years ago when Steve sat on your lap, ha ha!

Jackie said...

Looked like everyone enjoyed themselves...wish we could have been there!

Good to see everyone "dressed up" too.