Friday, January 23, 2009

Everywhere there is FOG


Driving in the fog reminds me of some of the flights I've taken across the country. Have you ever looked out the window of an airplane and watched how the wings of the plane cut through the clouds as you speed along? Well driving my car through a thick fog kind of feels like the same thing; except I am not going 600 knots, nor am I 41,000 feet in the sky.

I am not sure how much longer the fog is going to be around, but I would venture to say that we have been under a heavy fog since Monday. The fog that has set in this week, particular in the evening, has been kind of eerie to drive in. Many of the roads have no street lights, so the ride home has been dark and lonely, except for my headlights shining out on the misty vapor that endlessly seems to roll by.

For many people fog is a nuisance because it can be dangerous to drive in. I agree driving in the fog can be dangerous, but I still love to drive in it and enjoy having it around. I know, I know I am weird. The picture above was taken this morning right around 10:30am.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Yes, I can agree with you being weird, but I am your sister (I don't know if that counts). :) I have to say that you take the most interesting pictures that I have ever seen. This is a good thing...have you ever thought about doing some type of freelance photography work? It is just a thought. The weather is most interesting in your neck of the woods. All beautiful to say the least. Becareful driving, especially during the night!

Primetime Babyboomers said...

The one thing I was most concerned about this week as I was driving in the fog, was deer. The fog lifted yesterday and low and behold what crossed my path on the way home last night? A deer.

That deer could of crossed the road any other night while we were encased in fog and I would have never seen her. PTL for his safety!

Jackie said...

yeah, I heard there was bad fog on the entire island over the past several weeks. Crazy! West beach must have been extra bad. Fogs not a normal here...although it is PA and nothing is normal about our weather :)