Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunshine All Around

Here on Whidbey Island we know that the sun comes up, but we don't always get to see the sun shine. So today, Steve and I decided to take a picture of Mt. Baker, covered in snow.

Our one picture turned into many as we drove around the countryside. This first picture of course, is us. We wanted you to actually see we had to put on our shades. By the way it is a balmy 51 degrees today. Yeah!

Next, we found a location that we thought would give us a good view of Mt. Baker. It is in the distance, but if you click on the picture you will be able to get a closer view of the mountain and countryside.

Finally, on our way back home we couldn't pass up a shot of The Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Olympic Mountains and the marine layer that was moving in off the water. If you look closely enough I think you can actually see some people and birds.


I can't help but say it over and over again, Steve and I are blessed to live on a beautiful island and we continually stand in awe of God's creation and breath taking beauty.

5 comments:

Cove Girl said...

The pictures are great!!! What a nice afternoon it was:)

Teri said...

Looks beautiful! Steve looks so different with facial hair :) Love you guys!

Primetime Babyboomers said...

It took me some time to get use to Steve's beard, but I really like it now! I think he looks good with it.

Cove Girl said...

I'll put the pic up when I down load the pictures. Right now I'm off to bed. That post took a while.

See ya tomorrow!

Jersey Mama said...

Wow great pics. I do miss the beauty that is the great Pacific Northwest. You are blessed! (Can't say I miss the fog, though.)