Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Colt and Mama Horse

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go off island with Vicki and head over to Mt Vernon to see the Tulip Fields. Another post will follow with some pictures of the fields. In the meantime, on our way from one tulip field to another we saw these horses. When we first caught sight of them the baby horse was feeding, but as soon as I got out of the car to take a picture he moved away.
In just moments I was able to take a few shots of these wonderful looking creatures. I wish the mama horse would of turned around and smiled. It would of made for nicer pictures. Oh well. This would of been a really cute shot had I moved a little quicker. The colt was backing up to his mama and sticking his bootie right underneath her belly and rubbing. I think he had an itch.


Vicki and I thought he was heading back for more food, but he changed his mind at the last minute.

Just strolling around mama.

Just hanging out with his mama.

This shoot came seconds after the colt pulled away from his mama eating.

It was a lot of fun to stop and take pictures of these horses. They really are a majestic animal and are absolutely a wonder to watch in their environment.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I pass by a few farms that have horses. I love seeing the baby animals! They are so adorable!