Saturday, April 25, 2009

Surprise! Blessings Abound

All it takes is one person to ask, "What are we doing for Carolyn's Birthday?" (Sandi), one unknowing subject (Carolyn), one master planner (Kali) and one master deceiver (Sherri). When you put all these elements together what do you get? A SURPRISE 30TH BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Kali and I had the best time planning a birthday party for Carolyn. Yes she turned the BIG 30 and her friends were eager to join in the fun and make her day special. We had 23 ladies meet up at El Cazador's Mexican Restaurant Friday night for the big surprise.

Two blessings came out of this for me, that I wasn't expecting. The first blessing is that I was given the opportunity to work beside Kali and actually get to know her. She is quite the young lady. God has blessed her with the hospitality gift; she is gracious and likes to have fun. Sandi and I think she should become an Event/Wedding Planner.

The second blessing came from the ladies that attended the event. We wanted to make a dream of Carolyn's come true, so we all pitched in and purchased her a tandem jump at Snohomish SkyDive. Can you believe it? That crazy girl wants to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Anyways, we ended up collecting enough money to pay for the entire jump with video, and her dinner. The love shown for Carolyn is the real blessing here. Everybody gave willingly to make one persons dream come true. That just blesses my soul and pegs out my joy meter.

Psa 32:11 "Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. "

I won't be posting any pictures of the event or the video I recorded because I want Carolyn to be able to blog about it on her blogger. So be on the look out for the whole kit 'n kaboodle at http://covegirl79.blogspot.com/.

A big thank you for all of you who came out and made Carolyn's day special and for the love that you showed her. I know without a shadow of a doubt she was overwhelmed and touched by your thoughtfulness and generosity.

Rom 12:10 "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"

1Th 3:12 "And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: "

2 comments:

Kali said...

I had so much fun working with you Sherri! I've actually thought about how much fun it would be to be a wedding planner. Being a part of planning events is something I've been very involved with this year, and have really enjoyed!

It was a blessing to see everyone come together like they did to help Carolyn do this. I can't wait until she makes the jump...as I very happily watch from the ground!

Cove Girl said...

I need the photos so I can blog. I'll bring you a CD for them. I can't wait to share al the blessing that you guys gave me.

Amber said that Dave said the same thing to her though, "Why does she want to jump out of a perfectly goo airplane?" Answer, because I can:)