Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tulips All Around

As promised, here are a few pictures of the tulip fields. Vicki asked me Sunday night if I wanted to go out to the Tulip Fields. After conferring with Steve and his ever-changing tutoring schedule, we decided the best time to leave would be right after I closed my store Monday night. The last time I had been to the Tulip Fields was back in 2004 with Vicki and Trish.

We first stopped off and got a coffee (a must) and then away we went. Once we got into Mt. Vernon, Vicki showed me the new round about, and around and around we went. Once we got out of the round about we headed down the road to check out the tulips. We ended up taking pictures of two different fields (as usual I have some pics out of order, and since this was my fourth attempt to get them uploaded I am not going to redo it). To see more pictures of the tulip fields check out my slide show, "Flowers Abound".

This picture is obviously Vicki and I. Some guy asked us if we wanted him to take our picture and of course I said yes. You can't go to the tulip fields and not have your picture taken.

This was the first field we stopped at. The field is owned by RoozenGaarde, a division of Washington Bulb Company, Inc. This field was primarily lined with yellow and red tulips for what seemed like miles.

This was the second field we went to. I am not sure who owns this field, but the tulips here seemed to be more vibrant. There were red/white tulips, pink/light pink tulips, and purple tulips everywhere. It was absolutely beautiful. God is a wonderful artist!

This was one of the roads we were walking on to get to the rows of tulips.

As the hour went by, the wind was picking up and the clouds were moving in. Although I took several pictures of the tulip fields, I've never been there on a cloudy day. It makes taking pictures a little more challenging.
We also wanted to stop in at Tulip Town, but they were already closed for the evening. I don't know if I'll make it back there, but if there is anyone out there that wants to go to Tulip Town, they will be open until May 10, daytime hours only.
Well that about sums up our little adventure. All in all it was a fun and relaxing evening. Thanks Vicki for inviting me. I had a great time!

6 comments:

Cove Girl said...

I'm hoping that Friday is noce so that I can go down there on my day off.

Jersey Mama said...

What a nice time! You ladies look lovely, of course. I miss the daffodil and tulip fields. There's nothing like them here in Jersey ...

Just FYI, you can click and drag your pics in your post if they upload in the wrong order. It is frustrating when they upload backwards!

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Jersey Mama thank you for that wonderful piece of information. I had no idea(obviously). :)

Teri said...

I just love tulips! Tulips are just one fo my favorite flowers! As always, your pictures are great!I am looking forward to planting more bulbs in the fall.

Oh yeah, and I would like to plant a few lilac trees.

Cove Girl said...

I'm really glad you got to go have some fun after work. It's nice that the sun is staying out a little longer these days!

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Tulips are my favorite flower too!