Thursday, April 23, 2009

Zawkane's, SPS and Flowers

Tulips, Roses, Carnations just to name a few,
help me feel happy and not so blue.
The colors alone are vivid and bright,
making Springtime come alive and the days a delight.


I must admit, I love flowers and I really love to take pictures of them. These particular flowers are a mixture that came from the Zawkane's and last months Secret Prayer Sister. They fit so perfectly together I couldn't resist keeping them separated.

Speaking about the Zawkane's...I wish I had been smart enough Saturday evening to remember to take a picture of the group, but our church has a ministry, for all those who are 50 years and older, called The Zawkane's. This past Saturday they held a progressive dinner. My husband and I, along with two other families were to host them for the evening.

The meal started at our house; we were charged with preparing the salad. Then the group moved over to Bro. Matt and Sister Sandy's house for the main course. I heard it was Spaghetti and Cattitorie. Finally, they ended up at Bro. Solomon and Sister Tess's house for dessert. During the visit, the men brought a charge to the Zawkane's on how they can still be used of God. The word is that all the devotions tied together which is of God only, since the men did not call one another, nor do they have telepathic abilities. The evening was fun and full of energy.

Lastly, I also want to thank Susan for the beautiful yellow tulips she gave me at the Ladies Bible Fellowship (LBF). They are absolutely stunning. Your gifts, kindess and prayers this past month have been greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Maybe I will put together a short slideshow of all the flower pictures I have taken over the last few years.

1 comment:

Cove Girl said...

I love slideshows:) Tomorrow I can show you about using your movie make too.